Bonzai 3D 3.0 just released
bonzai3d 3.0 is a major update to bonzai3d with over 80 new features including 14 new tools that add functionality for fabrication, 3D printing, NURBS modeling, shape editing, texture mapping and component management. The existing bonzai3dtools have been improved and tweaked to make them even more powerful and flexible. Similar improvements have been made throughout the interface such as the new Sun Position palette that makes creating shadow and sun studies a breeze. Extensive internal changes have improved the performance throughout bonzai3dmaking it even faster to produce great results.
for a pdf showing the new features in version 3.0!
Call 800-383-5195 with any questions or to order by phone. Email us at email@example.com
or use the LivePerson link to reach us .
Bonzai 3D is a new 3D modeler developed to fill in the demand for a quick, easy, simple but, most importantly, geometrically robust approach to 3D. A response to those who wish to express their thoughts graphically in 3D, on the fly, without too much hassle, and then be able to advance to the next level of detailed solid modeling and production, if they wish to do so.
In many ways, Bonzai is an offspring of form•Z. At the same time, it is a different tool and represents a fresh approach to 3D modeling. The Bonzai tools have resulted from experiences, experiments, research, and user input of the past 15 years. Its goal is to support the conceptual and sketching stages of design with utmost ease, but also the production of accurate and robust models that can be used for construction drawings, can be smoothly rendered, animated, and fabricated (i.e. printed in 3D). All this and more at an affordable price.
You can think of form•Z as the Swiss army knife of 3D modeling and BonZai as a pen knife you carry around to depend on for quick solutions to all kinds of immediate needs.Anatomy of Bonzai:
Bonzai is the next generation of ease of use, combined with underlying solid modeling, that leads to effective workflow that minimizes input effort while maximizing productivity. It offers all the basic tools a designer needs to present one’s ideas in a 3D representation. It is built on form•Z’s trademark strengths that include solids and nurbz, multi-platform support, reliable Booleans, import/export file translators, and above all its solid reputation for the mark of excellence in 3D.
The RenderZone Plugin adds the ability to create stunning presentations and visuals, as an option. It offers the ultimate in photorealistic rendering with Global Illumination based on Final Gather, Ambient Occlusion, and Radiosity, for advanced simulation of lighting effects and rendering techniques.
• Fluid, powerful, and smart interface.
• All the classic modeling tools (extrusions, sweeps, transformations, etc.).
• Real time Booleans.
• NURBS curves and surfaces.
• Smart 3D drawing.
• Dynamic graphic editing.
• Push/Pull tool for easy sculpting and shape editing.
• Advanced OpenGL rendering with shadows, transparencies, and textures.
• Graphic texture map editing.
• Over 200 free materials (texture maps).
• Content library for trees, furniture, entourage elements.
• Support of 3D Warehouse.
• Google Earth and SketchUp file compatibility.
• Over 30 export/import formats for easy inter-operability.
• Embedded video tutorials
Bonzai3D 2 New features
• 3D Dimensions: 5 new dimension tools have been added including linear, angular, radial, leader lines and notes. Dimensions are associated with the objects that they reference and update dynamically as the model is changed.
• NURBS modeling: Six new NURBS modeling tools for extending, merging and blending curves and surfaces enhance bonzai3d’s smooth modeling capabilities. The Blend tools feature an innovative interface that makes surface blending easy and intuitive.
• Walkthrough tool: This new tool enables real time point of view animation through a scene, including collision detection.
• 3D Clipping planes: This feature cuts models open to reveal interior spaces without destroying the model. The clipping planes are preserved in their own palette so that they can be recalled as needed. Clipping planes are an effective working and presentation tool.
• Components: The bonzai3d 1.0 Content feature has been drastically improved and is now called components to match industry standards. Components are managed in the new Components palette. Component groups are now embedded in the project files making them portable and editable directly in the project. The Component tools have been reorganized and a specialized tool for repositioning windows and doors has been added. The hole created by window and door components is automatically healed when a door or window is moved, deleted or replaced.
• Printing: It has been completely overhauled and adds the ability to print to a specific scale.
• Preferences: The size of the tool icons can be changed through a new option in the Preferences dialog. Additional options control the display of the tool names in the icons.
• Views menu: New items for Home, Previous, and Next views have been added.
• Help: The Project Info dialog has a new tab for tracking linked files.
• Parameter editing: Object parameters in the Parameters tab of the Tool Options palette can now be edited on multiple objects simultaneously.
• Group editing: Groups can now be edited in the project. This eliminates the need to ungroup and re-group when wishing to make a change to an object in a group.
• Object isolation: Objects can now be easily isolated when wanting to work on them and they are part of complex models.
• Colors of edges: Control over the color of object edges has been added with the new Edge Color attribute
• Transformations: Applying operations such as move, rotate, and scale on large models has been optimized.
• DFX/DWG extensions: Support for AutoCad 2010 has been added to the DXF/DWG translator.
• Localizations: bonzai3d is now localized for Spanish and German. Additional localizations for Italian, Japanese, and Chinese are in progress and will be released shortly.
Minimum: 512 Mb
Recommended: 1 GB
- Hard Disk Space:
Minimum: 500 Mb
Recommended: 2 GB
- DVD-ROM Drive:
Required for DVD installation only
*Please note that an Internet connection is required for activation.
- OS X:
Minimum version: 10.5
Recommended version: 10.5.7 or later
Minimum version: Consumer - Windows XP Home edition, or Windows Vista Home edition
Professional - Windows XP, or Windows Vista