bonzai3D is now known as formZ Jr.
form•Z Jr, previously called bonZai3d, is an application with a fresh approach to 3D modeling aimed at delivering conceptual design and sketching ideas quickly while still making it possible to carry you to the next level of productivity.form•Z Jr's robust geometry creates models that can be used for construction drawings, photorealistic rendering, and fabrication.
form•Z Jr’s simple, smart, and fun interface reveals unexpected capabilities and tools that complement and enhance creativity. Embedded tutorial videos facilitate the learning at one’s own pace and without the need for expensive training sessions. Intuitive tools include descriptive step-by-step guides and interface hints for a productive workflow. To further explore and exchange ideas, solutions, and problem solving alternatives, the< strong> form•Z Jr forum operates 24/7, as a valuable resource from peers who deal with the daily tests of real life projects. In addition, the AutoDesSys technical support team stands by to offer its help as needed.
The RenderZone Plugin
adds the ability to create stunning presentations and visuals, as an option. It offers the ultimate in photorealistic rendering with Global Illumination based on Final Gather, Ambient Occlusion, and Radiosity, for advanced simulation of lighting effects and rendering techniques.
formZ Jr. features:
• Fluid, powerful, and smart interface.
• All the classic modeling tools (extrusions, sweeps, transformations, etc.).
• Real time Booleans.
• NURBS curves and surfaces.
• Smart 3D drawing.
• Dynamic graphic editing.
• Push/Pull tool for easy sculpting and shape editing.
• Advanced OpenGL rendering with shadows, transparencies, and textures.
• Graphic texture map editing.
• Over 200 free materials (texture maps).
• Content library for trees, furniture, entourage elements.
• Support of 3D Warehouse.
• Google Earth and SketchUp file compatibility.
• Over 30 export/import formats for easy inter-operability.
• Embedded video tutorials
Available for OS X 10.7+ and Windows 7/8.
Solid and Surface Modeling tools including Booleans, NURBS and Subdivision Surfaces.
Native support for 64 architecture on OS X allows for more content creation.
Imports SKP, KMZ, DWG, DXF, DAE, OBJ, SAT, STEP and STL files.
Exports DWG, DXF, SAT, STEP, DAE, and STL for 3D printing.